News
Compiled by Michael Hernandez, 10-6-24
There are so many stories making up the mosaic of national/international news that we can’t cover them all every week. The biggest stories now seem to be: election, Trump lawfare, immigration, wars, massive orchestrated ‘Palestine’ protests/riots, weaponization of government, our nation going bankrupt, massive inflation, phony climate change controversy and related expenses of government/industry attempting to address these issues, and the Chinese threat. So here are just a few:
Oct. 1: Breitbart By Joel Pollak
IDF: Iran Has Fired Missiles At Israel; All Residents Ordered To Bomb Shelters
Iran launched missiles at Israel on Tuesday evening local time, as Israelis throughout the entire country were ordered to take cover in bomb shelters until further notice.
IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari addressed the nation, telling them that the Home Front Command would communicate to them via mobile phone alerts.
The U.S. had revealed earlier that it had indications of a pending Iranian attack.
In April, when Iran launched nearly 300 missiles and drones at Israel, nearly all of them were intercepted by Israeli air defenses and by those of several regional American allies, without causing damage. One Bedouin girl was injured by falling shrapnel.
Oct. 2: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
South Carolina Hero Pilot Threatened With Arrest By Local Bureaucrats While Rescuing Flood Victims — Claims He Was ‘Interfering With The Operation’
Local authorities have threatened to arrest a former law enforcement officer turned volunteer pilot, Jordan Seidhom, as he undertakes life-saving rescue missions for stranded families in the wake of devastating floods in the North Carolina mountains.
On Saturday morning, Seidhom, a seasoned pilot with nearly 1,400 flight hours and a Class 1 certified law enforcement background, learned about a family stranded in Banner Elk, North Carolina, via social media, according to Queen City News.
With their supplies dwindling and desperate pleas for help flooding in, he took matters into his own hands along with his high school junior son, Landon. Loading his helicopter with bottled water and food, he set off to save lives.
His heroic actions led to the successful rescue of multiple stranded individuals, including a pair of women lacking food and water and even a couple trapped on a precarious mountainside.
However, the situation took a dramatic turn when Seidhom returned to the Lake Lure area for a second day of rescue missions.
After landing to coordinate with local first responders, he was confronted by a fire official who abruptly halted his operations.
The official reportedly threatened Seidhom with arrest if he attempted to continue his rescue efforts, claiming that Seidhom was “interfering” with their operations.
Seidhom said he asked the official for a specific reason why he was being ordered to stop his rescue efforts. The fire official’s response, according to Seidhom, was simply, “You’re interfering with my operation.”
Within half an hour of the fire official’s arrest threat, Seidhom said a Temporary Flight Restriction was established over the Lake Lure gap, directly over the area where he and the fire official had confronted each other.
Oct. 2: Red State By Ward Clark
Kamala Harris Embraces Striking Port Workers, Owns Any Resulting Economic Damage
(Editor’s note: the parties have negotiated a temporary arrangement to return to work at least until January.)
The United States Maritime Alliance (USMX) and the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) have gone on strike, shutting down the United States Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico ports, an act that will have lasting negative effects on the nation’s economy. This strike, the first by these unions in 50 years, comes a month before a general election – and Democratic Party presidential candidate Kamala Harris has embraced the strikers, which places the Democrat Party in the position of owning the economic fallout.
Oct. 3: Breitbart By John Nolte
Media Bury Woman-Battering Allegation With Doug Emhoff Puff Pieces
To no one’s surprise, the corporate media are engaged in a full-on propaganda campaign to bury the credible bombshell news that Kamala Harris’s husband, Doug Emhoff, allegedly battered a former girlfriend.
On Wednesday, the Daily Mail released a story that included statements from three friends of the alleged victim, along with travel documents and photos to back up the claim. The claim is this: in 2012, while attending the Cannes Film Festival, Emhoff slapped a then-girlfriend so hard she spun completely around. Two of the alleged victims’ friends say they were told of the abuse at the time. The third learned of it in 2018.
As of now, and for reasons we can all understand, the identity of the alleged victim and her three friends have not been revealed. This is political dynamite that could hurt the Democrat nominee for president just weeks before an election. Were these people to come forward the corporate media would put all their resources into annihilating their lives and reputations. Democrats are always protected by the media at all costs.
But, as of now, the fake media are not only ignoring the credible allegation of physical abuse committed by a man who could become America’s historic first First Gentleman, the media are going even further to bury the story by producing one puff piece after another to make Emhoff look like some kind of folk hero:
Oct. 3: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
Former Mesa, CO Clerk And Gold Star Mother Tina Peters Sentenced To 9 Years In Latest Political Persecution
In yet another blatant display of political persecution, former Mesa County, Colorado Clerk Tina Peters, 68—a gold star mother—has been sentenced to 9 years in prison.
After bravely raising questions about election irregularities, Peters was relentlessly pursued by local and federal authorities, culminating in charges that were politically motivated from the outset.
Peters’ crime? Exposing the truth about what happened in the 2020 election. Last month, Tina Peters was found guilty of seven of ten for preserving critical election data.
Tina Peters is the Election Clerk from Mesa County, Colorado. She made a copy of her machines’ information before performing the action requested by Griswald, who demanded that all voting machines’s election data should be erased (which is against the law) after the 2020 election.
Peters’ defense team argued that her actions were within her authority as she sought to preserve what she believed were critical election records. Defense attorney John Case contended that there was no wrongdoing in copying hard drives, claiming that state officials intended to erase vital information during their updates.
On Thursday, Peter was sentenced for 9 years by Colorado District Court Judge Matthew Barrett, an appointee of the Democrat governor. According to CNBC, “Peters was immediately taken into custody after the sentencing judge rejected her lawyer’s request that she remain free.”
The 9-year sentence is a clear message from the Biden-Harris regime Department of Justice: if you question their version of events, if you dare to stand up for what’s right, they will come for you. This is yet another example of how the left has weaponized our legal system to target political opponents.
Oct. 3: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
Biden-Kamala Regime Burns $1 BILLION In FEMA Funds To Resettle Illegal Immigrants — FEMA Now Lacks Resources For Disaster Response
As Hurricane Helene tears through the eastern seaboard, leaving devastation in its wake, the mismanagement of FEMA under the Biden-Harris regime is hitting home with deadly consequences.
The storm’s ferocious winds and torrential rains have claimed at least 190 lives, left millions without power, and trapped countless families in floodwaters across North Carolina and beyond. Entire communities have been cut off from vital resources, with citizens scrambling for help.
Yet, in the face of this national disaster, the Biden-Harris administration’s FEMA appears woefully unprepared. Why? Because over the past two years, they have funneled more than $1 billion in taxpayer dollars away from American disaster relief efforts — and into the pockets of illegal immigrants.
For the second consecutive year, FEMA has implemented Immediate Needs Funding, putting long-term recovery projects on hold due to a severe shortage in the Disaster Relief Funds (DRF), according to a report from NRDC last month. With over 614 major disaster declarations still open, some dating back nearly two decades, the agency’s decision to prioritize illegal immigration over American disaster victims has sparked outrage across the country.
FEMA estimates it will fall $7 billion short of the funds needed to manage new disasters, thanks to reckless financial decisions. Instead of rebuilding communities, repairing public infrastructure, or mitigating future disasters, FEMA is sinking taxpayer dollars into programs for illegal immigrants while disaster-stricken Americans wait for help that may never come.
Oct. 4: FEMA Release
Biden-Harris Administration Provides More Than $45 Million To Hurricane Helene Survivors, Continues Addressing Critical Needs Across Southeast
As response efforts continue in North Carolina and the Southeast, FEMA remains focused on getting help to people and areas that need it the most. More than 5,600 personnel from across the federal workforce are deployed, including more than 1,500 from FEMA. To date, FEMA has shipped over 11.5 million meals, more than 12.6 million liters of water, 150 generators and more than 400,000 tarps to the region. FEMA has already helped thousands of Hurricane Helene survivors jumpstart their recoveries with more than $45 million in flexible, upfront funding. Administrator Criswell remains in North Carolina and is actively working with local and state officials on ongoing response efforts. On the ground with Administrator Criswell are FEMA’s top senior leaders from around the country including Field Coordinating Officer Thomas McCool, Region 4 Regional Administrator Robert Samaan, Region 3 Regional Administrator MaryAnn Tierney, Region 7 Regional Administrator Andrea Spillars and Chief Financial Officer Mary Comans to help oversee response operations.
Disaster survivors in certain areas of Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia can begin their recovery process by applying for federal assistance through FEMA. People with damage to their homes or personal property who live in the designated areas should apply for assistance, which may include upfront funds to help with essential items like food, water, baby formula and other emergency supplies. Funds may also be available to repair storm-related damage to homes and personal property, as well as assistance to find a temporary place to stay. Homeowners and renters with damage to their home or personal property from previous disasters, whether they received FEMA funds or not, are still eligible to apply for and receive assistance for Hurricane Helene.
There are three ways to apply for FEMA assistance:
- Calling FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362.
- Online by visiting disasterassistance.gov.
- Downloading and applying on the FEMA App.
Oct. 6: Gateway Pundit By Jack Morphet and Chris Nesi
FEMA Abandons Devastated NC Town Residents Because They Can’t Drive Around ‘Road Closed’ Sign: ‘Nobody’s Been Bringing In Supplies Except Civilians’
Residents of Bat Cave, a tiny North Carolina town, that was almost totally destroyed by Hurricane Helene fending for themselves after FEMA told them that a “road closed” sign is an insurmountable obstacle for the agency to navigate.
“FEMA called me and told me they wanted to inspect my house then called me back to say they couldn’t drive around the ‘road closed’ sign. They weren’t allowed,” local Chelsea Atkins, 38, told The Post. You can drive it by car for sure, it’s not that bad, you just have to drive around the ‘road closed sign’. I explained that to them. They said they couldn’t,” she said, recounting her maddening exchange with the embattled federal agency.
Left to fend for themselves, Bat Cave residents banded together — opening the roads and starting the arduous work of cleanup and recovery. Residents told The Post that they don’t need FEMA now — and at this point, they don’t even want the disaster relief agency to come. While the sick and elderly residents of Bat Cave were airlifted to safety a week ago, those left behind have seen virtually no sign of government agencies, save for a handful of Louisiana State Police troopers “keeping an eye on everything,” who locals say haven’t done much of anything.
The intermittent whir of military chinook helicopters buzzing over the town serves as a reminder that people in the devastated west of the state are getting help — just not in Bat Cave. Here, apple orchard workers armed with chainsaws worked with a local grading contractor to clear the roadways well before the Department of Transportation arrived to help, although they were grateful for the assist when it finally arrived.
The few remaining locals have scavenged building supplies to shore up homes teetering on the edge of the Broad River, which is now ten times wider than it was before Helene carved its path of destruction.
Chelsea Atkins, 38, said FEMA called her to arrange an inspection of her house on the Broad River rendered uninhabitable by the storm, but that they never showed up because the road was closed — the very same road The Post successfully traversed on its way to Bat Cave.
The road is treacherous, but navigable. It’s littered with downed power lines, and whole sections have collapsed. One portion of Highway 9 is entirely washed away, forcing traffic to navigate a huge chasm through someone’s front yard.
“FEMA hasn’t been here,” Atkins said. “The DOT’s been here, and random fire departments, like Kannapolis. They were great. But nobody’s been bringing in supplies except civilians,” she shared. At this late stage in the recovery effort, Atkins said there are concerns FEMA showing up at this point could do more harm than good.
“It’s been a civilian-run operation since day one. You can’t ask the authorities for help — they’ll say you need to leave,” she said, calling Bat Cave a “country-boy can survive” kind of place. “We’re handling it. Leave it to us and we’ll get it covered.”
The Broad River was only 10 yards wide in front of Curtis McCart’s (a retired Los Angeles fire department captain and paramedic) home before the hurricane. Now it’s a 100-yard-wide riverbed strewn with trees, concrete slabs, twisted tin and powerlines with their transformers still connected.
McCart hasn’t seen anyone in Bat Cave wearing a FEMA uniform, and like Atkins, he also worries about what will happen if they show up as he works to buttress the third floor of his home to stop the attic roof from toppling. “At this point I don’t care if FEMA comes by. I don’t want somebody to pull me out of here, saying I’m working in an unsafe spot,” he said. “I’m wondering if Big Brother is going to allow us to rebuild.”
The unincorporated community — with a population of just 180 residents — is about 30 miles southeast of Asheville.
At least 232 people in the Southeast lost their lives in Hurricane Helene so far, with hundreds still reported missing. The Category 4 storm was the deadliest mainland US hurricane since Katrina rocked the Gulf Coast in 2005.
Oct. 6: Breitbart By Kristina Wong
Harris Touts $157M For Civilians In Lebanon While Many Helene Victims Wait For Relief
Democrat presidential nominee Vice President Kamala Harris on Saturday touted that her and President Joe Biden’s administration was sending $157 million in humanitarian aid to civilians in Lebanon, after announcing just $750 for the immediate needs of individual Hurricane Helene victims.
She even added the $157 million infusion would bring the total U.S. support to Lebanon in one year to “over $385 million.” For perspective, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced on Oct. 4 it has provided $45 million announced on Oct 4 itt has provided $45 million in disaster relief thus far: $23 million to people in Florida; $17 million to North Carolina; and $4.5 million to South Carolina.
This is while thousands of Americans lost their homes, businesses, belongings, pets — and in some cases family members – due to Hurricane Helene wreaking destruction across the nation’s southeast last weekend, and are only getting $750 in immediate assistance. Hurricane victims can apply for a range of additional aid from FEMA. This includes Displacement Assistance to pay for hotel or motel stay while a hurricane sufferer works on their long-term housing plan. Also available: Home Repair/Replacement Assistance, Rental Assistance, Personal Property Assistance, Medical and Dental Assistance to cover disaster-related injuries, Funeral Assistance, and Child Care Assistance.
Michael Hernandez, from California is co-founder of the Citizens Journal—Ventura County’s online news service. He is a former Southern California daily newspaper journalist and religion and news editor. Mr. Hernandez can be contacted at [email protected] and is editor of the weekly “Stories Speak Volumes,” “Nov. 5 Election Day Countdown” and “Revive America: Make America Great Again.”