News
Compiled by Michael Hernandez, 6-27-25
There are so many stories making up the mosaic of national/international news that we can’t cover them all every week. The biggest stories now seem to be: Israel and Iran, the Trump presidency (lawfare and judges), immigration (migrants and illegals), wars, weaponization of government (the deep state) against Trump and conservatives, our nation’s debt, massive inflation, climate change controversy and related expenses of government, industry attempting to address these issues, the Chinese threat, national security, abortion, taxpayer cuts, Ukraine peace, and hatred and violence against Christians. Here are just a few:
June 22: BBC by Jake Horton, Paul Sargeant, Robin Levinson King
Decoy flights And Seven B-2 Stealth Bombers – How US Says It Hit Iran’s Nuclear Sites
An 18-hour flight each way, multiple mid-air refuelings, and a series of decoys – this is how the mission to bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities played out, according to four-star General Dan Caine, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the highest-ranking officer in the US military. A timeline of the complex mission called “Operation Midnight Hammer” was laid out in a Pentagon briefing on Sunday morning, mere hours after the strikes. American bombers went “in and out and back without the world knowing at all”, US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth told reporters.
It all began just after midnight when Secretary Hegseth joined US President Donald Trump, Vice-President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and elite Pentagon staff in the Situation Room at the White House to watch as a fleet of aircraft departed an American airbase in rural Missouri. Under the cover of darkness, B-2 stealth bombers took off from Whiteman Air Force Base at 00:01 EDT, according to the Pentagon. Their ultimate target: Iran’s most secure nuclear sites.
The subsonic jets, which travel just below the speed of sound, flew over the Atlantic Ocean loaded with powerful “bunker buster” bombs capable of penetrating concrete over 60 feet deep. It’s the kind of weaponry needed to hit Iran’s nuclear enrichment facility at Fordo, which is buried below a mountain deep underground and considered to be the epicentre of the country’s nuclear programme. The US is the only country in the world known to possess this type of weapon.
The lead bomber dropped two GBU-57 Massive Ordnance Penetrator weapons – known as MOPs – on the first of several targets at Fordo. It was the first time the “bunker buster” bombs were ever dropped in a real combat operation. The remaining bombers then hit their targets – with a total of 14 MOPs dropped on Fordo and a second nuclear facility at Natanz, according to the Pentagon. After the planes spent 18 hours in the air, all the targets were hit in just about 25 minutes before they exited Iran. In total, about 75 precision guided weapons and more than 125 US aircraft were used, and Secretary Hegseth claimed the mission provided “powerful and clear” destruction of Iran’s nuclear capabilities.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cew0x7159edo
June 23: Breitbart By Joel Pollak
Iran Fires At U.S. Bases In Qatar, Iraq; Missiles Intercepted
Iran fired ballistic missiles at U.S. bases in Qatar and Iraq on Monday, according to reports from the region, though the missiles were apparently intercepted without doing damage. Iranian state television apparently confirmed the launch of at least ten ballistic missiles. Iran had been threatening retaliation against U.S. bases in the Middle East in retaliation for the U.S. attack this weekend on Iran’s nuclear sites at Fordow, Isfahan, and Natanz. The U.S. had moved air and naval assets out of harm’s way in anticipation.
President Donald Trump had spoken to American troops at the base during his Middle East visit earlier this year. The U.S. moved air assets away from the base last week, apparently in anticipation of an attack (or retaliation for a U.S. strike on Iran). Likewise, the U.S. Navy had dispersed ships that had been docked in Bahrain, minimizing the risk of damage.
June 23: The Washington Stand By Ben Johnson
UN Population Agency Wants To Cure Fertility Crisis With Abortion, LGBTQ Ideology
The United Nations’ population agency has attacked one of President Donald Trump’s proposals to boost America’s sagging birth rate while claiming the best way to cure low fertility rates is more abortion, replacing the traditional family with “diverse family structures,” furnishing artificial fertility to people who identify as LGBTQ, “comprehensive” sex education classes for young people, more government welfare programs, and reducing social or religious norms for mothers to stay at home with their newborn babies. It also calls on lawmakers to fight “misinformation” about abortion and insists that laws protecting the unborn from abortion are not “pro-baby.” The dubious-sounding fertility guidance comes from the United Nations Population Fund’s (UNFPA) recently released, sprawling, 156-page report titled “The Real Fertility Crisis.”
June 23: Breitbart By Elizabeth Weibel
Trump Announces Ceasefire In Iran-Israel ’12 Day War’
President Donald Trump announced on Monday that Israel and Iran had agreed to a “complete and total ceasefire,” after 12 days of ongoing war between the two countries. “CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE! It has been fully agreed by and between Israel and Iran that there will be a Complete and Total CEASEFIRE (in approximately 6 hours from now, when Israel and Iran have wound down and completed their in progress, final mission!), for 12 hours, at which point the War will be considered, ENDED!” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.
“Officially, Iran will start the CEASEFIRE and, upon the 12th Hour, Israel will start the CEASEFIRE and, upon the 24th Hour, an Official END to THE 12 DAY WAR will be saluted by the World. During each CEASEFIRE, the other side will remain PEACEFUL and RESPECTFUL,” Trump added. Trump continued to offer his congratulations to Israel and Iran for having agreed to a ceasefire “on the assumption that everything works as it should.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2025/06/23/trump-announces-ceasefire-in-iran-israel-12-day-war
June 24: Breitbart By Elizabeth Weibel
Iran Rejects Ceasefire After Trump Announces Iran-Israel Ceasefire
Iran has reportedly rejected a ceasefire between itself and Israel, claiming that it did not receive “any ceasefire proposal” after President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire between the two countries.
A “senior Iranian official”told CNN that “Iran would continue to fight until it achieves lasting peace.” The official added that it “would view remarks from Israel” and the United States as being a “deception.”
June 24: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
Stephen Miller Vows Trump Admin Will Hold Rogue Biden Judge Accountable For Defying Supreme Court On Deportation Ruling
A Biden-appointed leftist activist in robes has declared he will ignore a clear ruling from the United States Supreme Court allowing the Trump Administration to deport criminal illegal aliens to third-party countries. U.S. District Judge Brian Murphy, appointed by Joe Biden in 2021, declared Monday evening that his May 21 ruling—which blocks the deportation of violent illegal aliens to third-party countries—remains in full effect, even after the nation’s highest court ruled against him in a decisive 6-3 vote.
The Supreme Court had just cleared the way for President Trump’s administration to resume the lawful deportation of illegal aliens, including several from Laos, Vietnam, and Cuba, to South Sudan. The Justices granted an emergency application by the Trump Administration, pausing Murphy’s radical order. Only the Court’s three most liberal Justices—Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson—dissented. Yet Judge Murphy cited Sotomayor’s dissent to claim his ruling still stands.
June 25: Breitbart By Jasmyn Jordan
‘Absolutely Infuriating’: Biden Admin Rushed Out $90 Billion In Green Loans After Trump’s 2024 Victory
U.S. Secretary of Energy Chris Wright is slamming the Biden administration for what he calls an “absolutely infuriating” last-minute spending spree, revealing that more than $90 billion in green energy loans were pushed through by the Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office in the weeks between President Donald Trump’s 2024 reelection and his January inauguration.
In an interview with Breitbart News Washington Bureau Chief Matt Boyle, Wright detailed the results of a newly completed review of the Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office, revealing that “more than $90 billion in loans were closed or committed in the 76 days between Election Day and Inauguration Day.” This amount exceeds the total loan volume issued by the office over its entire 15-year history.
“To put that in context, over 15 years, it had put out about $43 billion. Then we had an election on November 5 last year, right? And President Trump won that election. After that election day and until President Trump’s inauguration, $90 billion — over twice what was done in 15 years — was done in 76 days. More than half of that, $49 billion, in the last two days, Thursday and Friday, before inauguration the next Monday.”
Boyle described the revelations as a massive scandal, raising questions about transparency and whether the Biden administration used its final weeks in office to lock in favored projects before the incoming administration could intervene.
June 25: Breitbart By Nick Gilberston
Reporter Behind CNN Story Questioning Success of Iran Strikes also Wrote Ex-Intel Officials Declaring Hunter Biden Laptop Russian Disinfo
One of the CNN reporters behind an anonymously-sourced report stating the U.S. strikes on Iran did not destroy key components of nuclear sites also wrote the story in which over 50 former intelligence officials claimed the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation in 2020.
CNN reporter Natasha Bertrand, along with Katie Bo Lillis and Zachary Cohen, published the article, which draws on a description of an “early U.S. intelligence assessment” from various anonymous sources, on Wednesday. The story stated that “core components ” of Iran’s nuclear program were not destroyed in Operation Midnight Hammer and the mission “likely only set it back by months.”
However, Trump, who is calling for Bertrand to be fired, read a report from the Atomic Energy Commission of Israel later in the day, stating that “the devastating U.S. strike on Fordow destroyed the site’s critical infrastructure and rendered the enrichment facility totally inoperable” and that the mission thwarted “Iran’s ability to develop nuclear weapons for many years to come.” Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard said that new intelligence has confirmed Iran’s nuclear sites were destroyed.
June 25: Bretibart By Katherine Hamilton
DOE Investigation Concludes California In ‘Clear Violation’ Of Title IX Over Trans Athletes
California discriminated against women and girls on the basis of sex by allowing transgender-identifying males to compete on their sports teams and occupy their bathrooms and locker rooms, a Department of Education (DOE) investigation concluded.
The DOE’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) announced the end of its investigations on Wednesday into the California Department of Education (CDE) and the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF). OCR ultimately concluded that both are in “clear violation” of Title IX, which prohibits discrimination based on sex in education programs and activities receiving federal funding.
The Department of Education has proposed a resolution agreement to CDE and CIF, giving both entities the opportunity to voluntarily comply with Title IX in ten days or “risk imminent enforcement action, including referral to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for proceedings,” according to DOE. Part of the resolution agreement includes restoring to female athletes the records, titles, and awards “misappropriated by male athletes competing in female competitions,” as well as sending personalized letters to those female athletes apologizing on behalf of the state.
June 26: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
GOP Lawmakers Erupt After Unelected Senate Parliamentarian Guts Key Provisions From Trump’s “One Big Beautiful Bill”
The unelected Senate Parliamentarian has once again proven the D.C. swamp is alive and well. Senate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough—first appointed by Democrat swamp king Harry Reid and known for advising Al Gore during the 2000 election debacle—has just gutted key America First reforms from President Trump’s “One Big Beautiful Bill” (OBBB).
However, Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD) has flatly refused to overrule MacDonough’s rulings. MacDonough’s controversial rulings stripped out major reforms Republicans had promised voters—ranging from bans on abortion funding, illegal immigrant benefits, and taxpayer-subsidized sex-change operations for minors. She also struck down measures to end “silver loading” under Obamacare, a policy that has ballooned health insurance premiums and handed more taxpayer cash to insurance companies.
While millions of voters supported President Trump’s legislative agenda, MacDonough shredded those promises using the opaque and unaccountable “Byrd Rule,” a Senate procedure that’s increasingly being wielded like a sword by unelected bureaucrats and weaponized to dismantle the conservative agenda.
June 27: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
Supreme Court Rules Nationwide Injunctions By District Courts Exceed Congressional Authority — Clears Path For Citizenship Crackdown
In a historic decision, the United States Supreme Court delivered a powerful rebuke of activist judges and handed President Trump a pivotal legal victory on Friday. The decision in Trump v. CASA, Inc. reaffirms the rightful balance of power between the judiciary and the executive, curbing the ability of unelected district judges to paralyze the will of a duly elected president. In a 6–3 decision, the Court sided with the Trump administration, ruling that federal district courts lack the constitutional or statutory authority to issue so-called ‘universal injunctions’ — sweeping orders that block government policies nationwide, often at the request of left-wing advocacy groups.
The case stemmed from challenges to President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order No. 14160, titled Protecting the Meaning and Value of American Citizenship (90 Fed. Reg. 8449, 2025). This order sought to clarify the scope of birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment, addressing long-standing concerns about its misapplication to those not fully “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States. Predictably, liberal strongholds in Maryland, Washington, and Massachusetts saw district courts issue universal injunctions, attempting to block the order’s enforcement not just for the plaintiffs but for everyone, everywhere.
These injunctions, cheered by open-borders advocates and far-left elites, threatened to derail a policy aimed at safeguarding the integrity of American citizenship. Justice Amy Coney Barrett, writing for the majority, dismantled the legal foundation of these injunctions. Joined by Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh, Barrett declared that such “universal” remedies lack any historical basis in the equitable traditions of the Judiciary Act of 1789. In contrast, the liberal justices — Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson — issued dissents. Jackson even suggested the ruling could inflict a “mortal wound” on the Constitution.
The Court stopped short of ruling on the constitutionality of the executive order itself, but the implications are massive. By gutting the lower court’s ability to halt implementation nationwide, the path is now clear for the Trump administration to enforce its definition of birthright citizenship.
June 27: Gateway Pundit By Cristina Laila
President Trump Goes Off On Radical Judges, Lists Policies That Were Blocked With Nationwide Injunctions
President Trump on Friday held a press conference after a few big Supreme Court wins.
“GIANT WIN in the United States Supreme Court! Even the Birthright Citizenship Hoax has been, indirectly, hit hard. It had to do with the babies of slaves (same year!), not the SCAMMING of our Immigration process. Congratulations to Attorney General Pam Bondi, Solicitor General John Sauer, and the entire DOJ. News Conference at the White House, 11:30 A.M. EST,” Trump said on Truth Social.
The Trump Administration previously asked the Supreme Court to stop lower courts from issuing injunctions on a nationwide basis. Four federal judges had blocked President Trump’s birthright citizenship executive order. DOJ Solicitor General John Sauer previously highlighted that federal judges have issued more than 40 nationwide injunctions since January, effectively stalling key executive actions, including the administration’s controversial order to end birthright citizenship for children born to non-citizen parents.
On Friday, during the presser, President Trump went off on the radical judge and listed just a partial list of the policies that were blocked by nationwide injunctions.
- Ending birthright citizenship
- Ending funding for sanctuary cities
- Suspending refugee resettlement
- Freezing unnecessary federal funding
- Stopping taxpayer funds for trans surgeries
June 27: Gateway Pundit By Jim Hoft
Supreme Court Greenlights States To Cut Off Medicaid Funding For Planned Parenthood
The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday paved the way for states to block Medicaid funding from going to abortion giant Planned Parenthood. The high court’s decision, which comes after years of legal wrangling, affirms the authority of individual states to determine how taxpayer dollars are allocated — and who gets excluded.
In a landmark 6-3 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in Medina v. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic that individual Medicaid recipients do not have the right to sue states under federal law for excluding abortion providers like Planned Parenthood from their Medicaid programs. The Court’s decision, authored by Justice Neil Gorsuch, reversed a ruling from the Fourth Circuit and solidified the state of South Carolina’s authority to remove Planned Parenthood from its Medicaid network—without fear of federal lawsuits from individual patients or abortion activists cloaking themselves in civil rights statutes.
This case arose after South Carolina decided in 2018 to terminate Planned Parenthood’s participation in its Medicaid program, citing a state law that bans the use of public funds for abortion. Abortion advocates predictably sued under 42 U.S.C. §1983, claiming the state violated a supposed “right” under the Medicaid Act’s “any-qualified-provider” provision.
Justice Gorsuch clarified that this provision does not confer individually enforceable federal rights. It is a directive to states, not a free pass for left-wing groups to weaponize the courts every time a state takes a stand for life.
———————————————————————————————–
Michael Hernandez, is co-founder of the Citizens Journal–Ventura County’s online news service and writes for CitizensJournal.net, MountainTopMedia.com, (your)news.com, and thrivenews.co. He is a former Southern California daily newspaper journalist and religion and news editor, writer of CaliRed News on Substack.com and “Prayer Over News Daily” and edits the weekly “Stories Speak Volumes” and other columns. Mr. Hernandez mentors citizen journalists/podcasters and can be contacted at: [email protected].