Yes, you can post an event yourself in Citizens Journal Florida where it can be viewed publicly! Just go to our events section via the menu and select submit an event. You’ll be prompted to login or register with us to get a password, if you haven’t already. You can then go in and enter your own events, subject to our editor approval before publishing.
This is a new public service from Citizens Journal Florida. Our focal area is Nassau County FL and nearby Duval County areas.
Generally speaking, events that are for public benefit are free. There may be a charge for some commercial organizations/events, unless they are of great interest to the public, charitable or very entertaining. We’ll let you know.
Give it a try! Make sure you answer the basic questions readers might have:
- Who is sponsoring, who is featured?
- What is the event about? Describe it well enough to motivate people to attend/participate.
- When does it occur?
- Where is it happening? (including online events)
- Why is this being done? (optional- cause, milestone, holiday, celebration, etc)
- How to get involved, sign up? (Mention any costs, participation requirements/conditions)
Note that event sponsors/posters are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and any liabilities for the event/notice. Citizens Journal Florida is only supplying a platform for items of public interest. If we see something obviously wrong, we may correct it or suspend the posting, but we may not notice it and assume no liability for postings.