Press Release: City of Fernandina Beach
The City of Fernandina Beach has a full-time opening for a:
Title: Staff Assistant
Department: Parks and Recreation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Parks & Recreation Manager
Pay Grade: 203 ($16.54 hourly)
A. Education and Experience:
Must possess high school diploma or GED. Associate’s degree in Business Administration preferred. Two years work experience in an office environment required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. A comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
C. Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills required; customer service experience required. Must have knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and office assistance techniques.
Advanced administrative, customer service, and clerical work coordinating administrative/clerical functions in an operating department or functioning in a specialized technical staff capacity.
1. With minimal direction, provide administrative support to a complex operating department.
2. Professionally and courteously respond to all incoming telephone calls and either assist caller or route call appropriately.
3. Greet and assist visitors and staff in a friendly, professional, and hospitable manner; provide information as requested.
4. Prepare and processes memos, correspondence, reports, purchase orders, and other documents.
5. Compiles information for reports. Maintains various accounts and confidential files.
6. Codes and cross indexes records and legal documents.
7. Operate standard office equipment efficiently.
8. Routes departmental material appropriately, maintaining necessary follow-up.
9. Handle money in payment for fees, registration, etc.
10. Monitor facility reservations and ensure that facilities are prepared and the proper staff is notified.
11. Help prepare, verify, copy and distribute meeting agendas.
12. Attend and participate in meetings as required.
13. Analyze and help resolve administrative problems. Develop and coordinate methods and procedural improvements to foster greater productivity.
14. Exercise judgment and discretion to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and policies.
15. Plan, initiate, and carry to completion various administrative assignments.
16. Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
17. Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules
18. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Skills
Acceptable eyesight, hearing (with/without correction), ability to communicate (orally and in writing), moderate lifting and carrying (up to 25 lbs.), reaching, pulling, pushing, walking, standing, kneeling, and bending. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Works inside in an office environment.
Key Competencies: Integrity, Initiative, Judgment, Attention to Detail, Interpersonal skills, Communication (oral and written)
Current City of Fernandina Beach employees interested in applying for this position should submit a Job Posting Application/Resume to Human Resources. Interested applicants must submit resume and employment application (located at www.fbfl.org) by email at [email protected] or mail to:
City of Fernandina Beach
Attention: Human Resources Director
204 Ash Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034