The City of Fernandina Beach has a regular part-time opening for the following position(s):
Title: Pool Lifeguard
Department: Parks & Recreation
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Aquatics Manager
Pay grade: 202 ($15.75)
A. Education and Experience:
High school diploma or currently a student (must have completed 9th grade and be at least fifteen years of age). Experience in lifesaving and water safety preferred.
Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification or nationally recognized lifeguarding certification such as YMCA or National Safety Council required.
Current First Aid and CPR Certification required.
C. Knowledge, Ability, and Skills:
Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required. Customer service experience a plus. Knowledge of proper pool chemistry and responsible revenue-handling practices preferred.
Responsible participatory and supervisory work to prevent situations hazardous to the health and safety of pool patrons through alert, responsible observation of the pool area, as well as general pool area maintenance duties. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Aquatics/Greenway Supervisor.
1. Watch the water vigilantly for persons in dangerous situations or in need of assistance.
2. Ensure a safe environment for all pool patrons; instruct patrons on basic water safety practices and skills
3. Patrol the pool area; regulate activities which may be hazardous to others or to public property.
4. Sit or stand for extended periods in a stand, poolside, or in concession area.
5. Assist/rescue swimmers when they are in difficulty; administer emergency lifesaving and first aid as needed. In cases of severe injuries, obtain professional aid immediately.
6. Monitor pool water quality.
7. Responsible for keeping the facility clean and hazard free.
8. Responsible for maintaining good working relationships with customers, fellow employees and other departments. Must maintain open lines of communication between all levels of departmental staff.
9. Responsible for special projects as assigned.
10. Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Skills
Must have above average physical endurance. Must be capable of sitting in and jumping from an elevated platform (not to exceed six feet in height). Must be able to handle moderate to heavy (up to 75 pounds of force) lifting. Acceptable eyesight and hearing, moderate to heavy lifting (30 – 75 pounds), carrying, kneeling, pushing, pulling, walking, balancing, running, bending, stooping, and standing for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Works outside in various weather conditions, with exposure to ultra-violet radiation.
Current City of Fernandina Beach employees interested in applying for this position should submit a Job Posting Application/Resume to Human Resources. Interested applicants must submit resume and employment application (located at www.fbfl.org) by email at [email protected] or mail to:
City of Fernandina Beach
Attention: Human Resources Director
204 Ash Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
EEO/M/F/D/VP… Read on
|Category||Parks and Recreation|
|Published||Dec 29, 2022, 12:00 AM|