By George Miller
From various sources
After insisting for over two years that the COVID-19 virus did not originate from a lab and that it was a wacko “conspiracy theory,” the establishment power structure has been starting to reconsider it. The latest sign is Congress planning on banning funding of labs in “adversary” countries, like China, Russia, North Korea and Iran. But what about places like the Ukraine? Funny, we don’t remember seeing this first in “Mainstream Media” sources. Just the News seems to have broken the story:
With little fanfare and in bipartisan fashion, House appropriators quietly amended the 2023 federal budget for health and science agencies on Thursday to ban any funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which U.S. intelligence fears may have been the origin point for the coronavirus pandemic, and other labs like it…. Read MORE in Just the News.
But, some caveats:
1. As far as we know, the bill, with amendments, still hasn’t passed.
2. Also, among the amendments, by Rep. DeLauro (Chair) are provisions for funding to non-elected regional government councils.
3. In addition, an amendment was accepted that encourages still more money to be spent on public health information, which in the recent past has included disputed government propaganda via advertising in local news media.
4. An amendment by Rep. Tom Cole to delete additional funding for some abortions was blocked.
5. An amendment by Rep. Rep. Barbara Lee to strengthen medication abortion care was adopted.
6. An amendment by Rep. Moolenaar to block funding to require or enforce COVID “vaccination” was blocked.
7. An amendment by Rep Cline to block funding to declare gun violence as a health emergency was blocked.
So they don’t have to pass the bill so you can see what’s in it
News articles rarely list the actual bill, so Citizens Journal looked it up for you. All this is related to the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Services Appropriations Bill- Fiscal Year 2023- Full Markup
Read the bill summary: https://appropriations.house.gov/news/press-releases/appropriations-committee-releases-fiscal-year-2023-labor-health-and-human
Read the full bill text(no number assigned yet): https://docs.house.gov/meetings/AP/AP07/20220623/114920/BILLS-117–AP–LaborHHS.pdf
George Miller is Publisher and Co-Founder of Citizens Journal Florida, based in Fernandina Beach. He is a “retired” operations management consultant, software and publishing executive and manufacturing management professional.